Summer Research Fellow
The Center for Transportation Excellence (CFTE) is seeking a Summer Research Fellow to assist the organization in research, news monitoring, social media outreach, database management, and other related activities.
About the Center for Transportation Excellence: CFTE is a non-partisan policy research center created to serve the needs of communities and transportation organizations nationwide regarding the use of ballot measure campaigns for transportation investment. The purpose of the center is to provide support through technical assistance, research materials, strategies, and analysis on the benefits and funding of public transportation and ballot measure campaigns.
Primary responsibilities for CFTE’s Summer Research Fellow include:
- Researching and drafting case studies, articles, reports, toolkits, and other materials to serve as campaign resources for transit advocates
- Conducting research and statistical analysis of transit election-related data
- Monitoring national daily news on state and local transit ballot initiatives
- Assisting with social media content development and outreach
- Assisting with the maintenance and expansion of CFTE’s transportation ballot measure database
- Providing support on other projects as needed
- A demonstrated interest in public transportation policy and advancement
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and experience working with databases
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage a variety of short- and long-term projects and assignments simultaneously
- Some social media experience (Twitter and Facebook)
- Experience or relevant coursework focusing on public policy, transportation planning, state and local politics, campaign management or organizing, or a related field is a plus.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Kirsten Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2016